Another couple of rejections. Well, that’s what happens when you enter international competitions – there’s only one winner. I guess that means there are two more stories that need to get sent out into the world. Let’s head into Duotrope.com to find a home for them…
I am now left with five submissions in the queue. Here’s the breakdowns
- ABNA. That’s gonna hang around until 3/20, when the next cut shows up.
- One’s been shortlisted to a pro mag (yay!), the final decision is end of April
- One’s in a small market that should have completed shortlisting 2/29.
- Another market is beset with a lot of issues amongst the editorial staff, expect another month of waiting.
- The last one is in a fringe market. I have no idea what’s going on there.
So, I have one more decision expected soon, then a bunch more waiting.
Strategy here: I missed my 3/1 deadline for the Book Doctors. New deadline, 3/16. So, no writing/revising short stories until then. HOWEVER, I don’t want my queue to go to zero. Therefore, I will chech out the Calendar on Duotrope and see if there are any places I can find a home for some of the returned stories.
As for that MSS due to the Book Doctors, I’m sitting at about 40% completed.